The goal of the Purposeful Design Elementary Bible series is for every student to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, developed and nurtured by engagement with the Bible in this series.
Themes and Concepts
The following themes and concepts are woven throughout the series both directly and indirectly:
• God tells His great story in the Bible. God’s Word displays His nature, His works, and His plan of redemption.
• God’s Word is truth. Because God’s Word is true, the series presents students with Bible truths, not Bible stories.
• God loves everyone. God loves and cares for people. His desire is for all people to have a right relationship with Him. His intentions toward every person are always gracious and good.
• Everyone needs to come to a saving faith in Jesus. The series often presents the message of repentance, personal faith, and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
• Christlike behavior, evangelism, ministry, stewardship, and apologetics are all applications of spiritual growth in Christ.
• Bible study, prayer, and worship are disciplines for spiritual growth.
• Students need to know and understand spiritual concepts.
• Teacher edition
• Student edition
• Online Resources including blackline masters, chapel programs, and Bible illustrations in all grades, music and song lyrics in EE through grade 2, and digital masters and PowerPoint presentations in grades 1 through 6.
• Printed and digital visual aids with exciting paraphrased Bible text in EE through grade 2
• Bible time lines in K through grade 6
The teacher edition includes all the information necessary to plan and teach each weeklong lesson.
The student edition is a consumable workbook designed with colorful, realistic illustrations and photographs to capture the students’ interest in the Bible.