Purposeful Design Publications
Language Arts Series Overview
Weaving Oral & Written Language with Biblical Worldview
The NEW Language Arts
series, K-Grade 2, weaves together the wonders of oral and written language with a biblical worldview. This research-based series has been developed using the guidelines of The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum
as well as national and college-and-career readiness standards.
Integral components include systematic phonics instruction as well as spelling with vocabulary instruction. Students will be exposed to a variety of literary genres through decodable and leveled readers and will practice grammar and writing. Teachers will appreciate reader guides for the decodable and leveled readers as well as the literature guides for the suggested read-aloud story books.
The Language Arts kit is sold separately, and its items are frequently used in the Language Arts program. Great kinesthetic learning opportunities abound through the use of alphabet cards in print and cursive, alpha tiles, multi-purpose placemats, blends center cards, textured letters, and more.
This series includes the following:
- The teacher edition with phonics, spelling, vocabulary, reading, grammar, and writing workshop lessons all included
- Reader guides and literature guides for teachers
- Student edition for phonics and grammar practice
- Spelling for Language Arts student edition (Gr 1-2)
- 12 decodable readers, multiple stories in each reader
- 18 leveled readers, multiple stories in each reader
- Teacher resources including blackline masters, digital masters, diagnostic tests>
SELECT A GRADE LEVEL FOR MORE INFORMATION.