includes the following features:
- The same high standards of reliability and validity as Iowa Assessments Form E
- Alignment to the National Council of Teacher of Mathematics (NCTM) standards, ensuring that skills assessed are relevant to today’s Algebra curriculum
- Two parallel forms enabling pre- and post-testing
- HMH Scoring Service for timely and accurate results
- Administration that fits into one class period for efficient delivery.
The Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test™
Fifth Edition provides educators with a valid and reliable measure of algebra readiness designed and developed to NCTM standards.
, Fifth Edition is organized into four parts:
- Part One: Pre-Algebraic Number Skills and Concepts: Assesses how well students understand mathematical skills and concepts necessary to succeed in an algebra course
- Part Two: Interpreting Mathematical Information: Assesses how well students can learn new materials presented in graphs or text.
- Part Three: Representing Relationships: Assesses students’ abilities to find formulas for numerical relationships.
- Part Four: Using Symbols: Assesses how well students understand important symbols of algebra and their use.
, Fifth Edition was developed by The University of Iowa and meets the highest standards for test quality. The Manual for Test Use, Interpretation, and Technical Support
is available for purchase to guide educators in the use of IAAT
results. Item norms also are available in this manual.
The Iowa Assessments™
is a registered trademark of the University of Iowa.