The Iowa Survey is an abbreviated version of the Iowa Assessments complete battery and provides a general picture of student performance in the content areas assessed compared to other students nationally. With both online and paper/pencil administration, this assessment can easily be incorporated into any existing assessment program and used as an entrance or admissions test.
to learn more about online testing
Online testers will access all data online in DataManager
, the robust reporting system for the Iowa Assessment with several customizable reports. Click here
for sample reports.
Paper/pencil testers are able to self-score at any time to get immediate feedback.
Key highlights of the Iowa Survey:
- Online and paper/pencil administration
- Available for Grades 1-8 (Levels 7–14)
- Shorter administration time—approximately under two hours
- Grades 1–2 is 1 hour and 35 minutes
- Grades 3–8 is 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Measures Reading, Language, and Mathematics (Grades 1–2) and Reading, Written Expression, and Mathematics (Grades 3–8)
- All data available online within 24-hours of testing
For a more in-depth look at the Iowa Assessments, please click here
to learn all that the Iowa Assessments has to offer – Survey, Core, and Complete.