Iowa Assessments Online
Test Coordinator's Manual
Online Testing Through DataManager
Step 1: Order Training and Administration
- Download the order form for one or more of the Iowa Assessments Online product(s) the school plans to use (See Overview of Online Assessment Products on page 3).
- Complete and email the order form to email@example.com. Be sure to order the DataManager Proctor Training.
- The school will receive a ticket confirmation that the order has been received.
- After the order has been received, a member of the Student Assessment Team will contact you to get started.
Step 2: Online Testing Consultation and DataManager Access
After a school places an order, ACSI will send an invitation to schedule a consultation which will discuss the school’s goals for test administration, review the startup process, and answer questions. After the consultation, the School Test Coordinator and the Technology Coordinator will receive an email to establish an account and set up a password for DataManager.
Step 3: Technical Readiness:
Schools can use these resources to verify their systems meet DataManager requirements:
Step 4: Riverside Training Academy Start-up (New Schools)
Riverside Insights and ACSI are pleased to announce the new training offering for online testing for the 2020-2021 school year. The Riverside Training Academy (RTA) has two main components: training classes and office hours.
- Training Classes are live, 30-minute, topic specific classes to prepare you for online testing and reporting. A certified training specialist will present the class with time allowed for clarifying questions.
- Office Hours are offered weekly to answer questions related to implementation. Purchasing the Riverside Training Academy will give you and all staff unlimited access to our live, weekly training offerings.
The Riverside Training Academy includes multiple weekly training sessions for teachers, proctors, and administrators and allows attendees to register and attend the session that best fits their needs and schedules.
After placing your order, ACSI will provide a recommended training schedule for ACSI schools, with links to the recommended videos/courses.
Step 5: Data Setup
There are two options for setting up data in DataManager. Watch this video to see an overview of the two options:
- Data Files: Schools who will be testing whole grade levels will most likely choose to create and upload Location, Staff/User, and Student Roster files.
- Manual Setup: Schools who will be administering placement or entrance testing will most likely choose to set up their Locations, Staff/Users, and Students manually.
See the Online Testing Guide for detailed Data Set up instructions.